Awards CategoriesAugust 4, 2013
Trophies or Plaques will be awarded for the following categories in 2013:
- Best Overall (Overall combination of Battle Score, Appearance, Theme, and Sportsmanship)
- Best General (Overall Battle Score using Both Armies)
- Best General Good (Combined Battle Score using Good Army)
- Best General Evil (Combined Battle Score using Evil Army)
- Best Painting (Overall Appearance of Both Armies)
- Best Painting Good Army (Appearance of Good Army only)
- Best Painting Evil Army (Appearance of Evil Army only)
- Best “Tolkein” (Combination of Appearance, Theme, and Display)
- Best Appearance, Single Model (Part of the Painting Competition)
- Best Conversion (Part of the Painting Competition)
- Best Diorama/Display (Part of the Painting Competition)
- Best Sportsmanship (Highest Sportsmanship Score)
- Better Luck Next Year (Lowest total score)
PrizesAugust 4, 2013
Prizes will be awarded using a Raffle approach in 2013. Every player entered in the tournament will earn a raffle ticket towards the prize pool. You will be able to earn additional raffle tickets throughout the weekend event by achieving certain objectives, including but not limited to winning individual games, achieveing certain levels of paint scoring, and completing special game objectives.
At the completion of the event, all prizes will be awarded through the raffle system. The more tickets you have earned, the more chances you will have to win. Each player may only win a single prize drawing. After each raffle ticket is drawn, you will have your choice of any of the remaining prizes. Therefore, earning more tickets will give you more chances to chose a prize.
Announcing Bilbo’s Birthday Bash!April 1, 2013
We are pleased to announce the 5th Annual Bilbo’s Birthday Bash. We’ve made some big changes to the tournament for 2013! This year, the tournament has moved to a new location at the beautiful Chicago Hilton in Northbrook! The tournament will occur on November 9th and 10th. This new location offers a lot of new amenenties including a bit more freedom and flexibility with the scheduling of the event. Over the course of these two days, players will bring both good and evil armies and will battle with 6 different opponents. Based on popular demand, the points limits for each army will be increased to 750pts and games will be expanded to 2.5 hours.
Pre-Registration for Bilbo’s Birthday Bash is now open. The per-registration cost is $50. The Registration fee will go up to $60 after September 15 2013. Check out the Registration Page for more details.
The field size for tournament will have a hard limit of 30 players.
I’m also pleased to announce that Chris Thomas will be returning to help run Bilbo’s Birthday Bash this year.